Nov 2, 2018

Joy Clair Christmas Showcase




Hello and welcome to the Christmas showcase with the Joy Clair design team. We are showcasing all of our new Christmas sets just in time for your holiday card making. Be sure to stop by the Joy Clair blog to see everyone's projects. 


To create my fun Christmas card I started with a top folding white card base, the Penguins Tropical Christmas and the Christmas Lights Background stamp sets. I stamped the trunk of the tree with Memento ink and masked it off and stamped part of the Christmas Light background so the lights are wrapped around the trunk of the palm tree. While it was masked I used a stencil to create the water. Next I stamped the trunk and the leaves on a separate piece of paper, colored them using Copic markers and fussy cut them out. I adhered the trunk directly on top of the stamped on the card front and for the leaves I added foam tape to give them dimension. For the sand I used Brutus Monroe's sand embossing powder. I love how it really does look like sand. 



1 comment :

  1. What a fun way to make some fantastic Christmas card designs. Such a fun palm tree with the lights wrapped around them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile