Aug 2, 2018

Joy Clair New Release Blog Hop



Hello and welcome to the Joy Clair new release Blog Hop. You should have came here by way of Jenny's blog but if not you will want to go back and start at the beginning so you don't miss anything and be sure to leave comments because there is a prize involved. Leave a comment on all blogs by 11:59PM EST Sunday  August 5th to be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate to the Joy Clair store.


For my sample I used the You Got This set and created a galaxy background to go with the greeting I chose because to me there is nothing more calming that a clear night sky where you can count the stars.
To create my card I started with a white top folding card base, a turquoise panel as a mat and then a bristol panel to create my background. 
To create the galaxy background I used Distress Oxide inks in Picked Raspberry, Carved Pumpkin, Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers and Wilted Violet and randomly sponged them across the panel, next I used Hickory Smoke and Black Soot to cover them. To give it more of a galaxy appearance I splattered the panel with water and then dried it using a heat gun. Next I stamped the greeting in Versamark ink and embossed it in white. To finish the card I added some white acrylic paint splatters.


You have one more stop to make and that is Monica, she has some faboolous projects to show you.

Here is a complete list of everyone's blog in case you lose your way 



Happy Hopping

22 comments :

  1. Love the galaxy and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice dark universe there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Ceal! Love that background:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the background you used for this. Great galaxy look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card!! Awesome background :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome galaxy background. This is a wonderful
    sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! The background is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous sentiment and gorgeous background. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this card. I might have to get the stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great background for this sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a neat card, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sentiment and the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love this card, the background is amazing, and the sentiment is so truo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow do I love that background on your card! This galaxy technique goes perfectly with that sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great background to support your sentiment of thought!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great encouraging card - I need calm during a crisis for sure - TFS - beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That background is soooo cool! Great card!
    Nadine - My Scrap n' Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. Love the look
    of the solar system.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card and I love the sentiment! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely background. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing background! Love how your card design showcases this lovely sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile