May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day



It's time for a new challenge at AAA Cards and our sponsor is Happy Little Stampers with a $20 gift card.



Mother's Day can be a day that emotions are taken from one extreme to the other. Most see this day as a happy day celebrating their moms but for me it's not such happy day as it reminds me of how much I miss my mom who I lost when I was 21 years old to breast cancer, so my card today is to honor her. 
To create my card I started with a top folding card base and a stitched scalloped die by My Favorite Things. I used the Faithful Flutterings stamp set by Catherine Pooler along with her amazing inks in Party Dress and Be Mine.
The greeting is by Verve 




7 comments :

  1. Very pretty and lovely color combo, gorgeous butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Love your beautiful pink butterfly and I love that it’s in honour of your mum and uses the breast cancer colours. Bitter sweet celebration for you, sending hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean Ceal, Mother's Day is a tough day for so many, and for many different reasons. Your pretty butterfly is a beautiful tribute to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card and I know your Mom would have adored it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ceal! your pretty pick butterfly surely takes us closer to the nature. I love how the sentiment and the image form a balanced CAS design. Please know that your mom is watching over and she is truly proud of you. Lots of love to you dear. Hugs -Bharati

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile