Apr 28, 2017

Oxidized Mandalas



I am up on the Concord & 9th blog today with my third post as one of the April guest designers. I have been having so much fun with this release For the first card I used the Many Mandalas set  which was designed specifically for the MISTI along with some Distress Oxide inks in Worn Lipstick, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Cracked Pistachio, Broken China and Wilted Violet to create the rainbow background. I stamped the mandalas in Versamark ink and embossed them in white, next I blended the distress oxide inks across the panel and then spritzed it with water to get the ink to react. I added a sentiment from the Say Hello stamp set embossed in white on a black strip. To finish the card I added some sequins for sparkle.


For my second card I used the left over background from the first card and the Say Hello Bundle. I cut out the "hello" before I spritzed with water and also cut the hello word out of black card stock to layer it and make it stand out more. You can see the Many Mandalas in the background of the hello. To finish the card I used the MISTI again to add friend underneath.


Here are some closeups 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile