Feb 8, 2016

Negative Coloring



It's Day 8 of the 30 day coloring challenge at The Daily Marker. Today I am trying my hand at a technique I saw Jennifer McGuire use on her blog, negative coloring. There are many coloring mediums you can use for this technique, Watercolors, Copic markers, Distress inks pretty much any medium it's just for some like the watercoloring you will have to ask the image as I did.

To make my card I stamped the image from the Precious Poppies set from Sweet 'n Sassy stamps with Versafine Black Onyx ink and the watercolored around it leaving the image uncolored. The greeting is from the set Keep in Touch, Too. 



2 comments :

  1. Gorgeous card, Ceal!!!! I haven't seen or tried this technique yet---the results are stunning!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Ceal! I can't wait to get home and try this. We are currently sitting on a mooring in STuart, FL and it is sooooooooo cold and windy. This is not what I expected from sailing in the winter in Florida! Hope all is well with you and that you are liking your new digs. ~chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile