Oct 2, 2016

Sharing Handmade Kindness



Happy Sunday!
Today I am sharing some handmade kindness with an unknown person who was diagnosed with cancer and only given 3 weeks to live, hope this card brings a smile when she receives it.
Being on vacation I totally forgot to post also for our current challenge at Addicted to CAS on Saturday so my card is for that also. 


To make my card I started with a top folding Bermuda Bay card base and a piece of watercolor paper. I stamped the Tree Ring from Concord & 9th in Versamark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder, next I watercolored the inside with Peerless watercolors. I stamped the flower from the April My Monthly Hero Kit in Versafine black onyx ink and used Zig clean color real brush pens to watercolor it. I added white to the stamens and center of the flower with a white gel pen. The greeting is from the MMH April kit as well. 

I am also entering this one at Less is More
 for their color challenge of 
Turquoise & Lilac

10 comments :

  1. I'm very sorry to hear about the lady you know, Ceal. What a difficult and sad time :( Your card is beautiful, and I'm sure she'll appreciate your care. You've made a lovely design, very tranquil and pretty. It suits our challenge colours really well. Thanks for sharing at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ceal! Welcome back from vacation!
    This is such a gorgeous card...WOW! Your watercoloring really brings the Tree Ring and flower to life in a big way! Beautiful color combo, too! I'm certain this card will bring a smile to your recipient's face...it's so lovely, and so thoughtful of you!
    Please see the note I left for you on the Admin Blog (Home page). Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I'm sure your friend will be happy to receive this card during this difficult time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Love it Ceal! The pop of those vibrant colours together is awesome and love your stamp combination and matching card base of card. Super chic and CAS and thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah PS. thinking of you at this sad time and sending hugs. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is simply gorgeous. Love the choice of colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome color combination and such a pretty design. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this one really pops Ceal!
    Love the vibrancy!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sad occasion but a beautiful card to send some comfort. I love how you've showcased our challenge colour combo here, that bloom looks gorgeous with the tree ring in turquoise.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ceal, that woodlog background is stunning. The colors really pop off the page. What a beautiful card and I hope it brought a little light to the recipient.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile