Mar 18, 2018

Smile



It is time for another encouragement challenge at Calling All Sistahs
Our challenge is to use the inspiration photo below to create a card to send someone a word of encouragement as they go through a struggle. It doesn't have to be cancer it can be for someone who has lost someone, lost a job, or just needs a word of encouragement. The real challenge is will you mail it? I love to go to the mailbox and find happy mail instead of or with the bills, always makes my heart happy.

oh and 
There is a prize involved as well, a $25 voucher to CAS-ual Fridays Stamps and if you use CAS-ual Fridays products and are the winner it will increase to $50

here is the inspiration photo



To create my encouragement card I started with a white top folding card base and a piece of Bristol paper cut down with a scalloped stitched die. To create my background using the inspiration colors I used some distress oxide inks in Candied Apple, Abandoned Coral, Carved Pumpkin and Squeezed Lemonade. After I achieved the look I wanted then I spritzed the background with water and then added the greeting from the Sassy Smiles set. I used the die cut Smile from the Smiling Fri-dies and cut it out of white paper several times adhered them together and added it to the card above the greeting. 














5 comments :

  1. So beautiful with those ombre colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully blended background and such a true sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SQUEAL!! This is such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Sun Set looking bacground!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and I Hope you Have a FABULOUS Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created a beautiful sunset background, Ceal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile