Sep 19, 2016

Dashing Through The Snow


Happy Monday! 
I can't believe that September is over half way over and it's less than 100 days until Christmas, wow where does time go. You know what this means? I have to get cranking on my holiday card making. I love to send and give Christmas cards so I usually end u making over a 100. Some of them will be multiples and I am blessed to have the MISTI tool in order to make multiples quick and easy. I also use it on just about every card I make, I don't know how I stamped without it. 
To make my card I started with a top folding white card base, a piece of white card stock, stitched die from MTF's Blueprints 15, Perfectly Plaid Winter paper from Lawn Fawn, the Hillside Edge dies and the Holiday Hugs stamp set both from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. 

To create the scene, I used a paper from the Winter Perfectly Plaid paper pack from Lawn Fawn and the Stitched die from the Blueprints 15 set from My Favorite Things for the sky and the Hillside Edhe dies for the snow, to give the snow more dimension I added a little soft blue to the edges. For the trees I also used the Hillside Edge dies and cut the trees out using the plaid paper and added it on top to make them stand out more. I stamped the cute little penguin for the set Holiday Hugs on a scrap piece of white card stock and colored him with Copic markers. After cutting him out with the ScanNcut, which cut off his hat strings and the little marks so you can tell he's sledding, the MISTI worked perfectly for adding both of those back in by stamping the image again on the snow, and then adding my colored image on top.


I am also entering this one in the challenge at 
Addicted to Stamps and More of anything goes







1 comment :

  1. soooo cuutee your Image
    and Lovely color combo
    love your patterned paper Tree cute cute
    and MISTI yes I used it but sometimes I used normal acrylic block to stamp and under my paper I used also old Mouse Pad and the result is also great :)
    many thanks to play along with us at ATSM this week
    big hugs
    Monika (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile