Sep 12, 2016

Creativity Meet Concord & 9th



Concord &9th is sponsoring a new challenge blog Where Creativity Meets Concord & 9th and their first challenge is Celebration. 

Saturday was national suicide prevention day and today is national day of encouragement so my card was made to celebrate YOU. 

To make my card I started with a black top folding card base and a piece of watercolor paper cut perfectly to fit inside the Mini MISTI, I do this because it helps to keep my paper from warping as I watercolor. I stamped the Tree Ring image with archival ink and then watercolored it using Peerless watercolors and spritzed some of that same color across the card front. Next I stamped two small flowers and the leaf image from the set Wildflower on top of the watercolored image. To finish the card I cut the watercolor paper down with a stitched die and added the "Beautiful" diecut across the Tree Ring and the greeting "inside & out" near the bottom. 

I am also entering this one at Happy Little Stampers for their CAS challenge and their Watercolor DT Call


and 




5 comments :

  1. This is really lovely! The way you used the flowers and leaves combined with the tree ring is so creative! So happy you could join us for our first challenge at Where Creativity Meets C9!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This IS beautiful. I have this stamp and was thinking of parting with it... nevermind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Ceal, the magenta colour is gorgeous and such a lovely design. Good luck with the DT call.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ceal!! Such a pretty card. I love the color of the wood birch! Nicely done. Thank you for playing along with Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and bold design Ceal, this really does grab the eye!
    Fabulous!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Happy Little Stampers CAS Team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile