September is Suicide Awareness month and this card is for a hop I am participating in over on Instagram. I lost one of my older brothers to suicide back in 2019 so this cause holds a deep meaning for me.
Today we begin our Suicide Prevention Week Card Hop with a simple message that every person deserves to hear:
You matter.
You don’t have to be a counselor or mental health professional to make a difference in someone’s life. Sometimes it begins with something much smaller — noticing someone, checking in, sending a message, listening, or simply reminding another person that they are important.
That is one reason handmade cards feel so meaningful to us. A card can say:
I see you.
I’m thinking about you.
I’m glad you’re here.
You matter to me.
Throughout this week, we’ll share cards, resources, and simple things all of us can learn about supporting one another and preventing suicide.
I lost one of my older brothers to suicide so this hits home with me and I want to raise awareness as much as I can.
If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, please reach out for support. In the U.S., call or text 988. If you live outside the U.S., please use your country’s crisis or suicide-prevention resources.
You matter.
You don’t have to be a counselor or mental health professional to make a difference in someone’s life. Sometimes it begins with something much smaller — noticing someone, checking in, sending a message, listening, or simply reminding another person that they are important.
That is one reason handmade cards feel so meaningful to us. A card can say:
I see you.
I’m thinking about you.
I’m glad you’re here.
You matter to me.
Throughout this week, we’ll share cards, resources, and simple things all of us can learn about supporting one another and preventing suicide.
I lost one of my older brothers to suicide so this hits home with me and I want to raise awareness as much as I can.
If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, please reach out for support. In the U.S., call or text 988. If you live outside the U.S., please use your country’s crisis or suicide-prevention resources.



No comments :
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile