Jun 3, 2020

In This Together



Today I am sharing a sneak peek of a set that Erin Lee Creative is releasing on the 12th of this month and it is so appropriate for what we are going through right now. 
I am so saddened by the events of this past week and that are still currently going on. I have many friends who have a different color of skin than I do and I love them, to think they live in fear breaks my heart. I have to be honest and say  I have never thought of myself as a privileged white american but if you are white then that's exactly what you are. 
I never really thought art racism being as present as it really is, black lives do matter and I have to admit when I would see that hashtag posted I would think to myself all lives matter, which they do but until we raise the awareness of racism and black lives then for us to say all lives matter is like a slap in the face to my friends of color because its like we aren't listening to them. 
I want to apologize to my African American friends for not listening and learning and I promise from this day forward to do so. I love you all!



Now on to the deets of my card.
I started with a white top folding card base, a black panel and a panel of patterned paper. I stamped the image and the greeting on a separate piece of white card stock and colored it using Copic markers. I used the double and single stitched ovals to cut it out along with the black mat. Just a little hack to save paper and you may already do this, but I use the panel that I am going to use as my mat and cut the oval out of it because once the patterned paper is placed on top you will never see it. 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile