Feb 20, 2019

Because Pets are Family




I am up on the Picket Fence Studios blog today with these two pet cards
The first one I mailed out to a good friend who lost her dog after 18 years of companionship. To create it I Started with a white top folding card base and a white panel cut down a half of an inch smaller. I stamped the dog image, colored it using Copic markers and then masked it off to create the background.  Because our animals travel over the rainbow bridge, I created a rainbow by using  a blending stencil and of course the LifeChanging Blender Brushes and then added some clouds. To finish the card I removed the mask and stamped the sentiment also from that same set, Friendly Mutts.

The second one was a quick and easy card to make, I started with a white top folding card base, a white panel cut down a quarter of an inch smaller and then some patterned paper also cut down the same size as the panel. The set I used for this one is from out February release, Rescue is my Favorite Breed. This one is for a friend who just adopted a rescue. The bones are from the Friendly Mutts set



Affiliate Links




1 comment :

  1. Hi - I love your rainbow and clouds but what is a blending stencil? I would love to try and get a similar effect - I do a lot of handmade cards for a Cairn Terrier rescue group and we need LOTS of dog sympathy/rainbow bridge cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile