Oct 3, 2017

Misti to the rescue!




I am up on the My Sweet Petunia blog today sharing a this card.
I used the new Build a Flower Rose set by Altenew and y'all this rose has 6 layers! could you imagine stamping this rose without a MISTI? talk about wasting lots of cardstock. 
Here are the step progression pictures of the gorgeous rose. 




There is no way I would have ever bought this set if I didn't have a Misti.
 To make my card I placed a scrap piece of cardstock in the Mini Misti and stamped all the layers in different hues of blue ink by Altenew. Next I stamped the leaves which is a 4 step progression in different hues of gray ink by Altenew. For the leaves I did things a little different, I started with the last layer and went backwards, sometimes it's just easier for me to samp it that way. 

I created a background using a stencil by Simon Says Stamp. When I am using a stencil then I always use the Original Misti  and the new Bar Magnets to hold the stencil.


I used the coordinating dies to cut out the rose and one leaf, the other leaf I stamped directly on the card front and the popped up the rose and the other leaf I had cut out. When you stamp one thing directly on your card front or panel and then pop the others up it gives it more of a 3D look. 







3 comments :

  1. Gorgeous! Love the beautiful colors you've used and the subtle stencil in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soft sponging is a beautiful backdrop for your gorgeous layered stamping. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Carol! What a beautiful flower in soft blues and gray, so pretty! Ok, now I have this added to my wishlist, along with a Misti. ; )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile