Aug 28, 2016

Oh Happy Day


Happy Sunday!
It's time for a new challenge at AAA Cards, It's all about a technique that is new to you and our sponsor is Stampendous and they are offering a $20 gift certificate.


To make my card I started with a Smoky Slate A2 card base, a white panel cut to 5 1/2 by 3 3/4 and a piece of glassy cardstock for the technique. The technique is spray starch backgrounds, which I used on her dress. To do this technique you will need some spray starch, pearl powders, brusho powders, distress reinkers, glimmer mists..anything water based, (Brusho powders used here) and some bundle wrap. You can go HERE to see how it's all done. It's a super fun technique and you get to use that spray starch that you haven't used for ironing in years to make some fun backgrounds. 
The image I used is Haute Wedding Dress from The Ton and a greeting from a retired Stampin Up set. I colored her with Copic markers and paper pieced her dress with the fun background that resulted from this new to me technique. Be sure to visit all the DT blogs to maybe learn some new techniques, I hope you will give this one a try.

9 comments :

  1. I've been wondering how you achieved this look ever since I first saw your card pop up on the DT blog. It's totally stunning and spray starch has just jumped into my supermarket shopping trolley for the first time ever! Thanks for sharing this Ceal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks amazing Ceal, it works so well for this dress and don't we all wish we had a dress that looks so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning image and the blue dress is beautiful ....off to have a look at the technique! Thank you for sharing this technique x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not heard of this technique, but you'd better bet I am going to try it. The gown is absolutely amazing. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card look amazing ! Thant dress is just fabulous , love how the dress came out, I need to try this technique too :)! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Absolutely fabulous Ceal, that dress is to die for and love the technique. Did you use bubble wrap with the starch? I need to give that a go! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. An awesome card using this technique, Ceal! What a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous technique and you're created it well. I love the colours you used and that stamp is stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Ceal! Perfect technique to create wonderful backgrounds or big focal elemnts. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile