Sep 8, 2017

Sea You Soon



When I seen the card design superstar post go up at My Favorite Things I knew I wanted to play along. There are three categories and this one is for the Coloring Virtuoso category.



To make this card I started with a top folding note card and a piece of bristol cut down with a stitched blueprints die. I like to use bristol paper when I use distress inks because they blend so well on it. 

To create the background I masked of the bottom portion of the panel and used the Radiating Rays stencil and Squeezed Lemonade distress ink, next I masked off the top portion of the panel and created the ocean by blending Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers distress oxide inks together and then spritzing water over it. Next I stamped the mermaid and rock on a scrap piece of paper and colored them using Chameleon pens.
To fish the card I popped the mermaid up on the rock and added the greeting, this card was made with my Florida friends in mind. I pray they all stay safe!



2 comments :

  1. What a darling card! Love your comment, "To fish the card...", you definitely had ocean on the brain! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile