Jul 15, 2024

Oceans of Thanks


I am up on the Cutcardstock Blog today sharing this card.

To make this card, I started with a white top folding A2 card base that is already cut to A2 size. It’s also pre scored; talk about a time saver especially if you are making multiple cards. I also used a pre cut panel for the focal panel. You can get these as a bundle, there are top folding and side folding ones. Just search Understandblue Bundles Special for Cardmakers.

To create the background, I used a precut panel and a layering stencil. For the first layer I used some Splash and Pool Party ink. Then for the second layer I used Blue Hawaii and Rootbeer (the shell and starfish on the sand). Finally, for the third and last layer I used Caramel (sand) and Deep Ocean.

Next, I used a Sea Creatures die set and cut the crab from Lessebo Cherry Red cardstock. I cut the seashell from Lessebo Blossom and the starfish from Basis Light Yellow cardstock. To give the seashell and starfish a more realistic look, I shaded them using ink and OLO markers. To give them dimension, I glued the shell directly on the panel and popped up the starfish over a portion of it. I also shaded the crab and popped him up as well. I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with the coordinating die and popped it up midway on the card.


For the month of July envelopes are on sale at CutCardStock and this week is A2 sized envelopes, so stock up.










No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile