Apr 21, 2020

Healthcare Heroes


I am up on the My Sweet Petunia blog for Team Tuesday. 

Our small group usually visits a local nursing home once a month. Since the whole social distancing thing, we haven't been able to go and the activities director told us that they miss us terribly. So what we decided to do was to dress silly (not as clowns, because clowns are creepy) and make signs to hold at their windows to let the know they are loved and we miss them too.
They absolutely loved it, by the second window everyone was either standing or sitting by their window smiling and waving. It's the little things yall. 



I got to thinking that lots of cardmakers (including myself) are making cards to be sent to hospitals, well the people that work here at the nursing home are on the front lies as well so I decided to make them a card to say thanks. 
I am so grateful for the Misti, I had 130 cards to make so I made a simple design that could be mass produced. After I got done with the stamping I thought they needed a bit of color. Not only can you use the Misti for stamping but also for stenciling. I placed the stencil in the corner of the Misti and taped it down and then just placed my card under the stencil and added color with the Life Changing Blender Brushes.
I used a stamp set that I earned free by taylored Expressions and several stencils and the Life Changing Blender Brushes by Picket Fence Studios.








3 comments :

  1. Pretty set of cards! I love that you dressed up to go and visit at the nursing home! I'll bet they got such a kick out of seeing your group through their windows! (I'd have been the one in the clown suit...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Ceal!!! You are amazing!!! 130 cards!!! And look at how totally fabulous they are!!! LOVE the colorful stenciled edges and that awesome sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors and designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile