Dec 8, 2014

Creative Blog Hop



I have been a Stampin Up demo for a little over a year now and have made some amazing friends in my business adventure, one being the famous Lydia Feidler, who nominated me to participate in The Creative Blog hop, featuring projects made by Stampin Up demos. I had the privilege of meeting Lydia in real life last July at convention and she is amazing and so fun!  She is also my mama upline and I learn so many brilliant things from her for my business. 

For my project I created a masculine birthday card using one of my favorite sets Four Feathers, along with the matching framelits.  I also used a couple other sets with it, Gorgeous Grunge and Hardwood background. The colors I used are Lost Lagoon and Baked Brown Sugar 


Now I have four questions to answer

1.  What are you working on?  Christmas cards, I usually hand/mail out quite a few, and I spent the last week putting up 7 yes 7 ... 6' and above Christmas trees, so I still have some cards to make.

   2.  How does your work differ from others in your genre? Well that's a good question. My style is Clean & Simple but, there are other CAS stampers out there as well, so with that said I will quote Lydia's sweet words "Ceal's style is CAS with a real sweetness about it, just like her!" 

   3. Why do you create what you do? Well the answer to that one is simple. To bring a smile to the receiver of my cards. I also make cards as a ministry and pray over each one before it is sent out. Making cards is also a therapy for me as well, it is so relaxing to just sit and make a card.

  4. How does your creativity process work? Through many different forms, I may see something online, a magazine or just something someone said may spark my creativity. When I sit down at my table to stamp, I may only have a theme in mind but soon the creative juices start flowing for the color combo and layout. Not always do I have mojo, sometimes I go through a dry spell and just hate what I create so I trash it, make another and another until i get back in the groove of things, but I have to admit i can't stay away from my craft room long or I go into DT's 

Now I get to nominate two people to post their projects on Dec 15th and the nominees are....

My First one is Rachel Winn, A sideline of mine who makes the cutest cards, so be sure to check on her blog next Monday the 15th to see what she has to share.
my second one is , well it may just be you, if you are a demo. Still looking for that second person so if you're a demo hit me up. 


6 comments :

  1. Ceal this is absolutely stunning! I am such a huge fan of these feathers and your color combination is fantastic. Love the wood, love the grunge - love everything about this card. I am going to have to CASE this one for sure! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card! The wood image looks amazing and I never would have thought the "grunge" was a stamp until I read it lol Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card , love
    the feathers and
    woodgrain in the
    background!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow is this card beautiful! I love the colors you used and the soft natural look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing, I have this set, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. I'm still working on Christmas cards - almost done.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile