Dec 6, 2009

If We Humble Ourselves

Good Sunday morning to ya!
I am our host at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week and I was lead to the following verse.
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

2 Chronicles 7:14
The challenge is to make a card using an image of people (i.e. children, men women) to let someone know you are praying for them. Maybe you know someone who is sick, battling cancer, or maybe someone who has had a bad week and needs a card saying I am praying for you!
Prayer is such a powerful weapon against satan. Prayer is also very powerful when interceding for others. God promises to heal our land if we just humble ourselves and pray, how cool is that?
I don't think any of us can fathom how powerful prayer really is. It can move a mountain. I know there are times I have prayed and in the back of my mind thought, that's not going to happen. We need to put our trust in God's ability to do what He says He will do. God is all powerful, all knowing and always present. I pray that God will help me to handle things with prayer and always look to him for guidance amongst this crazy world we live in.
My card uses a discontinued stamp from Sweet 'n Sassy Child Of God. The paper is CTMH, I used copics for my coloring and a MS border punch

7 comments :

  1. Beautiful card Ceal! I tried looking at SNSS for people praying but didn't find them. She's a nice stamp. Love your pretty punched border and DP too! :) Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so sweet and pretty!! Love the colors. Have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card this week, Ceal. Thanks for the wonderful challenge, too! Hugs, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so true Ceal, I'm glad you brought that up. There are times too when I'm praying for something and am convinced in the back of my mind, 'that will happen . . . never!' But we need to keep at it. I appreciated the verse you chose for this week and you made a lovely card to illustrate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty! I love your dp and colors and your image is adorable!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card - this set holds a special place in my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ceal, your card this week is wonderful. Beautiful use of multiple patterns and that puunch is one of my all time favs. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile