Nov 22, 2009

Give Thanks

Our hostess this week is Helen, and she chose Galatians 6:19 as her scripture Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
When you think of harvest your mind goes to thanksgiving. But when the Bible speaks of harvest it speaks of reaping and sowing, here on earth for the kingdom of God. When we share the good news about Christ we plant a seed to be sown. We may not always be the one who reaps the harvest but when we get to heaven we shall see our rewards.
This Thursday is Thanksgiving day here in the U.S. so, the challenge is to Make a Thanksgiving Card (or, if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, make a giving thanks card or project).
We are thousands of miles away from family so we do have a family meal that day. This year we are going with friends to deliver meals to families. Thanksgiving always makes me reflect on what I am thankful for: My Savior, my family, friends, church, there are so many more I could name. What are you thankful for?

4 comments :

  1. Such a sweet card, Ceal. I am so thankful for my Savior, my family and for each moment I remember what is truly important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest image...love it! :) Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is awesome! I just love the image you used! He's adorable! We'll be celebrating Thanksgiving by serving dinner at the community Thanksgiving dinner this year, too. It's such an awesome place to be. Last year we served 5000...interesting number, isn't it? I'm so thankful that I'm able to do this and to get my son involved in learning to serve others as well.
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful to have a friend like you, who inspires me even if I don;t chat as often as I should.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile