Aug 13, 2016

It's been awhile



I have not played in the Freshly Made Sketches in a long time, so I thought I would play along with Kim's sketch. To make my card I started with a white base, a white panel cut 2 3/4 by 4 1/4, and some Coastal Cabana card stock to mat it.  On the panel I randomly stamped a flower from the Scribble flowers set and then masked each of them off and stamped the background stamp, Floral Pattern over the entire panel in Coastal Cabana. Next I removed the masking paper from the flowers and colored them with Copic markers but left small amounts uncolored so they would look as if they were watercolored. 
I stamped the greeting in versa mark ink and embossed it with black embossing powder on a strip of vellum. To finish the card I added some gold glitter tape and a flower that I had stamped and colored to use for an embellishment.







Thanks for stopping by

3 comments :

  1. What a beautiful card Ceal! I love those bright colours and those flowers are amazing! Your colouring does look just like watercoloring! So lovely! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these flowers are beautiful! Very pretty card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, Ceal, and I love the you masked off the flowers to stamp this great BG! I love the colors and this great sketch! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile