May 29, 2017

Some Gave All


Happy Memorial Day
Quick card share for Memorial Day before it ends. Thankfully I did not lose a loved one while serving our country but I am grateful for the men and women who gave their lives to fight for our freedom. 
For my card I drew inspiration from the events of today, Memorials, flags and picnics. 
I started with a white top folding card base and a white panel cut down with a stitched die. Using the Creative Corners which allowed me to stamp the Barn Wood stamp by Concord & 9th (picnic table) perfect across the panel. Next I used the MISTI to stamp the two different sized Mandalas from the Many Mandalas set also by Concord & 9th in versamark ink and embossed them in white. I sponged the larger one using Blue Jay ink by Lawn Fawn and the other with Chili Pepper ink also by Lawn Fawn. To finish the card I placed the two mandalas together and added the thank you sentiment in the middle of the smaller one. 


1 comment :

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile