May 3, 2017

Concord & 9th



Today is my last post as April Guest Designer for Concord & 9th. I have throughly enjoyed every moment of guest designing with them. Angie and Greg are sweethearts and such a joy to work with. 

For my first card I used the Cuddles and Hugs Bundle and some Distress Oxide inks. I started with a side folding white card base and a piece of bristol paper cut down with a stitched die. First I stamped the word heart from the Cuddles and Hugs set with versa mark ink and embossed it in white.
 To create the background I used Worn Lipstick distress oxide and sponged it across the entire card from and then spritzed it with water, then I sponged around the outside with Spiced Marmalade distress oxide and spritzed with water again. For the center of the heart I used the Wilted Violet distress oxide and then again spritzed with water.
 After I reached the look that I wanted I used the large hugs die and cut it out in the center if the heart and saved all the pieces because I was going to place it back in the negative space. I cut three more of the large hugs in white and layered them in the negative space so the first diecut hugs with the stamped image on it would be raised over the rest of the stamp. To give it a little more clarity and dimension I added a white border around the hugs.

For my second card I started with a white top folding card base and a gray front cut to A2 size. For this card I played with the distress oxide inks again, they blend extremely well and are so fun to play with. For this one I blended the Worn Lipstick and added just a touch of Spiced Marmalade on a piece of bristol paper and then cut out the large hugs from the Cuddle and Hugs Bundle.
I used the Floral Fill-In paper also by Concord & 9th and I wanted to see if the distress oxides ink would work with it as well and it did! I used the Floral Fill-In Stencils and sponged the Worn Lipstick distress oxide ink in the blank spaces ad then added some Spiced Marmalade and then spritzed with water and it worked as you can see in the photo.

I also made a mini note card with the cute customer appreciation set that is free with a $25 purchase. You can still get this set with a $25 order until May 8th so go place your order now.
Once again I want to publicly thanks Angie and Greg for having me as a guest designer. Concord & 9th is my absolute favorite stamp company and to design for them was ruled a dream come true! 









1 comment :

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile