Nov 7, 2016

Happy News



I did a little watercoloring today for the 30 day coloring challenge at The Daily Marker. and now for my happy news! 

 I made the Drive By Crafts design team! I was so excited when I got the email and I couldn't wait share the products she sells with you so I made a card for my announcement. 
I started with a white card base and the Halftone Holidays set by Altenew. I stamped the word Christmas in versa mark and embossed in gold, next I used a Hero Arts Stencil and Zig Clean Color pens to make the Christmas tree.  I added the other sentiment using the MISTI, because of the texture of watercolor paper, I always use the MISTI to make sure I get a crisp image. To finish the card I matted the focal piece on some gold glitter paper and popped it up using foam tape.



I am entering this one in the color challenge (purple & gold)
at 


and 
The holiday challenge at




8 comments :

  1. congrats on your new DT position and love your watercolour card
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Ceal.. congrats and thanks for joining my team.. yay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous holiday card, Ceal. Love the gold frame - so very festive. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your DT place Ceal! Looks like you will be a real asset to the team. Loving your loose and artistic Christmas tree in those shades of purple and your clean and crisp gold embossing is just fab! The glitzy border is a perfect frame for your image. thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very original Christmas tree Ceal ! And so beautiful in those colours ! The glitter paper is perfect to frame it ! And congrats on your DT place ! Thanks for sharing.
    Izzy Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww Ceal, that's absolutely fab news about the DT spot and so well deserved! Enjoy! I love this Christmas card, such a creative design and a modern, fun feel. The colour scheme and soft circles work so well for this. Super card! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ceal this is stunning i love the card. COngrats on the DT too

    Thanks for joining us at Less Is More this week
    Jen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and clever idea Ceal and perfect use of the purple and gold combo. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile