Aug 3, 2014

Snow in August and A 14er




Hi there and thanks for stopping by 
I am sharing this one on the Scrap N Place blog. 
To make my card I started with a grey card base and the Cheery Lynn Primitive Birdhouse die.
 I used some of the Harmony collection papers from Authentique. I love this line because it has large print on one side and the smaller print for card making on the other. 
This time I gave some texture to my birdhouse by running it through a faux wood embossing folder.  I also added the birds on a line die from Penny Black. I felt it needed something in he right corner so I added a sentiment on vellum and then stitched it to my card 

On another note

I had a wonderful week last week spending time with my stamping friend Lee Ann. We did everything from taking a tour of the Celestial Seasonings factory where they make the tea to hiking in the Rocky Mountains. Below are a few pictures for your enjoyment. We made it to the top of Mount Evans which is the highest paved road in elevation  14,130 ft in North America  (thank  goodness the hubs was driving because it was pretty scary) and it actually snowed on us. 





Thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile