Feb 28, 2010

SSCC #28

Good Sunday morning, this is the day that the Lord has made , let us rejoice and be glad in it.
It's time for another Stampin' Sisters In Christ challenge. This week the talented Pamela is our hostess and she chose the following verse to share with us

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed,
do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through him."
Colossians 3:17
Here is her challenge:
You have free reign of what you want to do this week. But here's the deal: I want you to actively do this as an act of worship to our God. Before starting, pray. Thank God for your gift. While working, feel free to pray more, or perhaps sing out to Him. Put your focus on Him and remember that it is He who gave you your gift (however good or bad you think you are at this) and remember that it makes Him happy to see you at work. Do this challenge, as if you were doing it for Christ himself!

I tell you I was so blessed by this challenge. I pondered the scripture,prayed and thanked God for who He is and the gifts He has given me, put on some christian music and began singing praises to God as I was making my card. I prayed over my card and my daughter whom I made this card for. She had some disheartening news this past Friday and I wanted to make a card to cheer her up and let her know I am praying for her. I wanted a bright and cherry card for her and this Unity stamp is from the February KOM was just perfect. She loves buttons so I decided to cover my tree with them. The bird is a spellbinders die and the ribbon is from my LSS.

10 comments :

  1. beautiful Ceal!

    I'm sure this little "prayed over" card will bring a touch of comfort to your daughter!

    Praying!
    Hugs & blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is sure to bring a smile to her face! I love the bright colors you used. Have a great week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect card for your DD. I pray it cheers her heart this week. Love the bird and the buttons! Take heart GF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Ceal!! Love all the buttons. This card will be sure to cheer your daughter up!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this card! I love the cheerful colors and those buttons, oh my! Your darling bird is adorable as are your ribbon & dp. Love it all.
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your daughter. This card is so cheerful with all the buttons, the shape of the nestability, the paper. She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a bright and cheery card. Your daughter will LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect little prayer card and I love me some buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this one and all the buttons are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I am sure your daughter loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile