Nov 8, 2009

Cards for Hereos

Good Sunday Morning to you!
Candace is our hostess this week and she was lead to choose this verse of scripture.

"Greater love has no one than this that he lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:13.

Her challenge is to create "Cards For Hereos" this could mean any type of hero in your life. Most of us think military when when think of heroes and with what happened at Fort Hood this past week, our scripture feel right in place. Isn't our God amazing how he always gives the right scripture at the right time. None of us knew what was going to happen this week at Ft. Hood but God did and gave Candace this verse weeks ahead. Our God is Awesome and may all those families in Fort Hood feel His peace and His love.
As a second part to this challenge you can send the card you made and more to our Military through a program Operation Write Home which you will find all the details on this program on our site Stampin Sisters In Christ.
As for my card, you may think well it isn't patriotic, here's the deets on my card. My daughter is currently in Basic Training for the Air Force so I made one for her. I am so proud of her and all the others who serve in the military. I also lead a card ministry at church where we make cards and send to our soldiers who are deployed. What got me started on sending them was one of my 2nd grade girls I teach had a birthday and her daddy was in Iraq. She said she wished she could get a birthday card from him but he had nowhere to buy it. The OWH is a great program so I hope you will send blank cards for them to send home. Especially those who are deployed they cannot just go to the store and pick up a card to send their wife or children on their birthdays or holidays.

6 comments :

  1. This is sooo precious Ceal and I'm sure your daughter will LOVE and appreciate it very much!! I didn't exactly make a patriotic card either, but rather one for a Firefighter as they are heroes that put their lives on the line as well. God is amazing in His timing, I agree with ya there =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! Your daughter is going to love it, too. It is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty Ceal and I love programs like the ones mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card and awesome post Ceal! I sent a huge box of cards to the troops once before, and shall do it again. It's the little things that make a big difference. And, yes, our God is an Awesome God. His timing is perfect!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card and great endorsement for the OWH project -- it is ever so important and such a simple thing for us to do! Congratulations to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card! Your daughter will love it. Our God is so awesome, isn't He?!?
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile